Website Lescault & Walderman
Lescault Walderman, Inc. (LWI) is looking for a seasoned US based remote client controller. This position will perform controller duties on behalf of Non-ERP clients across multiple industries, manage assistant controllers, and communicate directly with clients. The position is accountable for the primary communications and accounting operations of firm clients, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or International financial reporting standards. A successful candidate will understand the client needs, creating, and executing accounting solutions that utilize both client accounting staff, LWI staff, and automation through software. A suitable candidate will thrive in a busy environment, juggling multiple clients, and will enjoy delegating work to team members while taking a direct role in advising the client on how to achieve their goals.
Brief History of Lescault & Walderman, Inc.
LWI was founded in 2006 providing outsourced accounting services to clients remotely in a wide range of industries. We have provided remote positions to staff for over 10 years. LWI has the experience and infrastructure to support this work-from-home model. LWI has built a culture that prioritizes both staff and clients. There are high expectations in regard to quality client service to maintain our high client retention rate. LWI believes in a healthy work life balance for our staff. You will work normal business hours with flexibility. We are not the type of firm who pushes our staff to work 45-60 hour weeks. LWI is scaling rapidly and looking for experienced accountants to help grow the organization. We have experienced moderate growth in all years leading up to 2021 and now service clients globally. Since 2021, LWI has doubled in size from organic growth and two acquisitions. We are looking for opportunistic hires who look forward to a challenge and have a desire to grow with the company.
- Leading, supervising, and managing both client internal staff and LWI remote Assistant Controllers
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the client accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the client’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary companies, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee approximately 15 – 25 client accounts to fill up a 40-hour week schedule.
- Ensure that accounts payable are tracked, reconciled, and paid in a timely manner through supervised processes.
- Ensure that accounts receivable is maintained accurately, and clients are notified of past due amounts promptly.
- Ensure that payroll is processed timely, posted/integrated, and reconciled in general ledger.
- Ensure that periodic bank and balance sheet account reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made and posted on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain and organize client accounting documents and client email communications.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Maintain asset and liability schedules, cash, and accrual.
- Create Year End Documents Package for Annual Close and Tax Preparation
- Ensure Income Tax Return or Financial Audits are reconciled to the General Ledger.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report when required
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Manage and/or improve a system of management cost reports with appropriate controls for accuracy and risk.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and tax preparers.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
The ideal candidate will show strength in the following areas.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting with a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience
- An active or inactive CPA is preferred, but not required
- Preference will be given to candidates with public accounting experience
- Expert in Microsoft products (Office365 Email, Calendar, OneDrive, Teams, and Excel)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online required, Sage Intacct experience a plus
- Excels working independently and collaboratively
- Thrives in a busy environment and is motivated by delivering a timely and excellent service to clients
- A self-starter who identifies problems, researches solutions, and executes their implementation
- Works well with established processes that have proven successful
- Adaptive leadership style to promote a friendly work environment
- Professional written and oral communication style that expresses confidence and affability.
- Must be organized, detail oriented
- Well-developed critical thinking/problem solving skills are a must
- Work from home with flexible schedule
- 401(k) plan with Employer Match
- Universal Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays for salaried staff
- Group Medical & Dental
- Company paid long-term disability
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D
- Optional short-term disability
- Referral bonus program
Salary and Hourly Range
Compensation is for a full-time position at $40.00 – $45.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.