Website Lescault & Walderman
Client Controller – Intacct or ERP Experience
Lescault & Walderman, Inc. (LWI) is looking for a seasoned US based remote client controller with experience in Intacct or a similar ERP accounting software. This position will perform controller duties on behalf of ERP clients, manage assistant controllers, and communicate directly with clients. A preferential candidate will have experience in Intacct or ERP sub-ledger functionality, transaction processing, bank feeds, and experience with 3rd party applications. A plus would be experience in smart rules, work-flow automation, and custom report writing.
This position involves understanding the client needs, creating, and executing accounting solutions that utilize both client accounting staff, LWI staff, and automation through software. A suitable candidate will thrive in a busy environment, juggling multiple clients, and enjoys delegating work to team members while taking a direct role in advising the client on how to achieve their goals.
To excel the candidate must be a personable and collaborative manager, as well as expert in effective decision making. The position will be supervised by our senior customer success managers and key executive staff.
Brief History of Lescault & Walderman, Inc.
LWI was founded in 2006 providing outsourced accounting services to clients remotely in a wide range of industries. We have provided remote positions to staff for over 10 years. LWI has the experience and infrastructure to support this work-from-home model.
LWI has built a culture that prioritizes both staff and clients. LWI believes in a healthy work life balance for our staff. You will work normal business hours with flexibility. We are not the type of firm who pushes our staff to work 45-60 hour weeks.
LWI is scaling rapidly and looking for experienced accountants to help grow the organization. We have experienced moderate growth in all years leading up to 2021 and now service clients globally. Since 2021, LWI has doubled in size from organic growth and two acquisitions. We are looking for opportunistic hires who look forward to a challenge and have a desire to grow with the company.
- Lead and manage ERP client accounts across multiple industries
- Develop and implement client internal controls and quality controls
- Identifying and implementing process improvements/automation through new workflows or 3rd party software
- Formulate and implement accounting plans by delegating work effectively to assistant controllers and client accounting staff
- Provide strategic direction to clients and assistant controllers
- To provide timely deliverables
- Review the weekly workflow of assistant controllers by following established LWI quality controls
- Perform the monthly close processes
- Manage priorities of assistant controllers
- Manage the month-end closing and issue a financial reporting package to all clients
- Conduct monthly client calls to review monthly financial reports, measure the success of initiatives, and provide further recommendations.
- Comply with federal, state and local nexus requirements
- Review and approve monthly and quarterly tax filings – sales and use tax, property tax, personal property tax, and payroll tax returns.
- Assist in gathering pertinent year-end tax related information for external tax return preparation. Work closely with external tax provider to ensure accurate year-end tax info for timely filings.
- Assist in gathering pertinent audit related information for external auditors.
The ideal candidate will show strength in the following areas.
- An active or inactive CPA or 5–15 years experience in the role above.
- Expert in Microsoft products (Office365 Email, Calendar, OneDrive, Teams, and Excel)
- Experienced in Intacct or other ERP accounting software
- Acts independently and collaboratively
- Thrives in a busy environment who is motivated by delivering a timely and excellent service to clients
- A self-starter who identifies problems, researches solutions, and executes their implementation
- Works well in established processes that have proven successful
- Adaptive leadership style to promote a friendly work environment
- Professional written and oral communication style that expresses confidence and affability
- Technical experience with tactical and strategic experience. You will be in the weeds.
- Must be organized
- Work from home with flexible schedule
- 401(k) plan with Employer Match
- Universal Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays for salaried staff
- Group Medical & Dental
- Company paid long-term disability
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D
- Optional short-term disability
Salary and Hourly Range:
Compensation is for a full-time position at $42.50 – $55.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.