A full-time CS Manager will oversee between 45 and 55 clients. The CS Manager will directly communicate with clients and LWI Senior Managers, Controllers, and Bookkeepers.
Client Manager/Controller Job Duties:
OnBoarding New Clients
- Perform Initial Accounting Analysis of potential client financials and present findings/recommendations to the client
- Prepare a Scope of Work, Project Plan, and Cost Proposal for the potential client
- If the client engages, oversee onboarding of new client:
- Oversee LWI staff (Quality Control, Deadlines, & Monitor LWI hours vs. proposal)
- Project Manage the clean up onboarding tasks
- Weekly Video Progress Updates with the client
- Set Up FloQast and Recurring Services
- Introduce Recurring Staff to the client
Monthly/Quarterly/Semi-Annual Client Financial Reviews & FloQast Reviews
- CS will help to ensure consistent GAAP accounting processes are followed by LWI staff across all assigned clients.
- CS will review FloQast to ensure LWI staff are using FloQast consistently (as per the LWI FQ User Manual) and complete all FQ tasks.
- CS will identify any accounting errors or inconsistencies which will then be addressed with the Senior Managers who will then implement the changes or corrections with bookkeepers and controllers.
- CS will identify any accounting process improvements for assigned clients with an emphasis on creating efficiencies using third party software connecting to the accounting software.
- CS will identify any pain points that fit the criteria of an ERP Software Implementation.
- CS will document any accounting errors, inconsistencies, and improvements with Joseph Frank to include in future process documents so that these issues or solutions are prevented or implemented in the future by LWI staff.
Quarterly/Semi-Annual/Annual Client Satisfaction Calls
- CS will schedule periodic calls with a client to measure their level of satisfaction with our services. CS’s will ask the client if they are experiencing any pain points, related or unrelated to LWI staff and any new objectives or goals that LWI can assist in carrying out. CS will create a Customer Success Plan with the client and revisit the plan document during each call to review progress since the last call.
- CS will also identify client needs and present solutions where LWI can increase their scope of work to assist the client in accomplishing their goals/needs.
Semi-Monthly Billable Time Review (Spring Ahead)
- CS will review the staff’s billable time in Spring Ahead on a semi-monthly basis. They will ensure all staff submit time descriptions consistently and correctly since these time descriptions are visible on the client invoices.
- CS will ensure the staff’s billable time corresponds with the proposed monthly client LWI cost proposals.
- CS will ensure Senior Managers are delegating most of the client work to bookkeepers and controllers. The Senior Managers should only spend time reviewing work, not performing work (there are and will be exceptions).
Monitoring LWI Client Group Emails Daily
- Each client is assigned an LWI Client Group Office 365 email address which is forwarded to LWI staff assigned to the client. Our clients and staff are instructed to cc the group email on all emails.
- CS will ensure that a LWI staff member responds to ALL client emails within 8 business hours.
- CS will monitor, scan, and/or read all client email correspondences to identify and/or foresee possible accounting errors, misinformation, client conflicts, or LWI intercompany staff conflicts to intervene either with the client or Senior Manager.
- CS will ensure LWI staff update the LWI Client Portal Profiles with any client changes (i.e. If the client changes entity structure or switching a bank/lending relationship). Make sure state nexus is updated.
- Make sure key info sent via email is saved in Sharepoint for future reference.
- Monitor emails for changes in Scope of Work to update FQ
- Monitor emails for LWI errors to create new tasks in FQ Master Checklist so that these errors are not repeated for other clients.
Weekly Calls with Senior Managers
- CS will schedule recurring weekly video calls with each Senior Manager assigned to their clients. The agenda of the calls will be to discuss any topics arising from the monitoring of emails, progress on client monthly accounting closes or any other client projects, and team building.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus
- QuickBooks Online experience (minimum of 3 years)
- Sage Intacct experience a plus
- Public Accounting experience a plus (audit preferred)
- 5 years minimum Team Lead (client facing) experience
- Excellent ability to communicate and foster positive client and team relationships
- Self-driven and proactive
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task
- Superior written skills; experience in document creation
- Ability to listen, think logically and strategically to solve problems and strengthen the client relationship
Working Conditions: Work from home virtual environment. Ability to set your own schedule but required to be available to clients as needed during business hours.
Hourly Rate: Range is $50.03-$56.60, commensurate on experience