The position is accountable for the primary communications and accounting operations of firm clients, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or International financial reporting standards.
Client Manager/Controller Job Duties:
- Leading, supervising, and managing both client bookkeepers and LWI outsourced bookkeepers
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the client accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the client’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary companies, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee approximately 15 – 25 client accounts. We are flexible for staff who want to work 15 – 30 hours per week.
- Ensure that accounts payable are tracked, reconciled, and paid in a timely manner through supervised processes.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are maintained accurately and clients are notified of past due amounts promptly.
- Ensure that payroll is processed timely, posted/integrated and reconciled in general ledger.
- Ensure that periodic bank and balance sheet account reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made and posted on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain and organize client accounting documents and client email communications.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Maintain asset and liability schedules; cash and accrual.
- Create Year End Documents Package for Annual Close and Tax Preparation
- Ensure Income Tax Return or Financial Audits are reconciled to the General Ledger.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report when required
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Manage and/or improve a system of management cost reports with appropriate controls for accuracy and risk.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and tax preparers.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. The ideal candidate has 10+ years as an outsourced controller managing more than 15 clients simultaneously. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Working Conditions: Primarily work from home virtual environment with rare face to face meetings. Ability to set your own schedule but required to be available to clients as needed during business hours.