Lyon Stahl was an unfortunate victim of the Retirement Revolution. They had a lifelong bookkeeper who had been with them since Day 1. Recently the company has experienced significant growth. Unfortunately, their bookkeeper was nearing retirement, and was not prepared to take on their growing transaction volume. In an unexpected turn, she resigned, taking years of institutional knowledge with her.
Their key challenges included:
- A Critical Vacancy: Lyon Stahl needed a qualified bookkeeper who could join them and hit the ground running.
- The Need For Efficient Systems: They recognized that they were stuck in old habits, using inefficient processes.
- Inaccurate Information: Some financials had been mismanaged as a result of misinformation.
- Promote Internally / Hire / Outsource: They had to decide whether to train an existing employee, hire someone new, or outsource.
- Finding the Right Replacement: They needed someone with sound experience, who also embraced change and new challenges.
Lyon Stahl partnered with Lescault & Walderman to “look under the hood” at their books, processes, and operations, and propose a plan for the way forward.